Saturday, August 28, 2010

Unexpected Results

Ki Tavo

וַיִּקְרָא מֹשֶׁה אֶל-כָּל-יִשְׂרָאֵל
and Moshe called unto all Israel ... Devarim 29:1

... with an agenda. And a witch and her friend came up. Poor evil Moshe with his evil agenda, the crown just doesn't belong to him. It's mine, all mine ... cackle, cackle, cackle. It's just so much fun being a witch.

Friday morning's dream.

I was in a space station like chamber in outer space. With me there were two men. One was my friend. The other was like an evil wizard (who reminds me now of the wicked witch in The Wizard of Oz, only a male in this case). The evil wizard had brought my friend and I to the space station to steal the crown that only I could reach (just like the wicked witch wanted to steal the ruby slippers Dorothy wore in The Wizard of Oz).

The evil wizard thought I was gullible like Dorothy and would just give the crown over to him as easily as Dorothy wanted to give over her ruby slippers to the wicked witch when challenged for it, so he had brought my friend and I there so that I could climb up the tower ladder that went up from the space station to bring down the crown that rested at the utmost top of it. I let him think I was gullible like Dorothy so he wouldn't interfere with my climb or hurt my friend as I climbed. But, I had no intention of giving over my crown to him.

He wanted the crown so that he could rule the world with it's powers. It's my crown, and I'm going to use it's powers to enable myself to do my craftwork in peace. I'm like the evil witch who doesn't want to be bothered and to keep from being disturbed is going to buy a strong deadbolt for my door and a welcome mat that reads "GO AWAY."

Anyway, as I was standing there in the space station chamber with my friend and this evil wizard, in my dreaming mind, even though there was no obvious symbolism to suggest it, I knew that this space station and the ladder with the crown on the top of it were in a mikveh. I'm not sure how the clear association came to exist (as I've only been to a mikveh once in my life), but there it was.

Interjected here in the dream, between the mikveh association and beginning of my climb up the tower ladder, I encountered the space station dining room filled with diners, some cookies, a big dog running loose and some stairs. I took some cookies from the dining room (but never ate them) and avoided the big dog by taking a twisting winding chaotic path on the stairs between various floors of the space station. Then, I climbed the tower ladder and retrieved my crown, claiming it as my own as I touched it for the first time at the top of the tower ladder that only I could climb. The claim reverberated down and the evil wizard knew now that I'm not Dorothy and he was not in Kansas. I was crowned, and he can't have my crown or now hurt my friend now that I am wearing the crown.

Suddenly, I was in my earth bedroom (as it appeared when I was a teenager) with some girlfriends. There was a terrible tornado directly overhead (the evil wizard must be having a fit, I thought). My girlfriends wanted me to get down on the floor so that I wouldn't get drawn up into the winds of the tornado, but I wasn't afraid. I had to get my earrings off the dresser top, so I stood up and got them. They thought I was crazy. But, I knew the winds of the tornado couldn't touch me, and I really wanted to wear my pretty witchy earrings, even within the midst of a tornado (witches are fearless like that, you know). So, I got them and put them on, then got back down on the floor along with my girlfriends.

I woke up.