Saturday, May 16, 2009

Peace In The Land Of Promise

Bechukkotai

Your threshing shall reach unto the vintage, and the vintage shall reach unto the sowing time; and ye shall eat your bread until ye have enough, and dwell in your land safely. And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid ... Vayikra 26:5-6

וְהִשִּׂיג לָכֶם דַּיִשׁ אֶת-בָּצִיר, וּבָצִיר יַשִּׂיג אֶת-זָרַע; וַאֲכַלְתֶּם לַחְמְכֶם לָשֹׂבַע, וִישַׁבְתֶּם לָבֶטַח בְּאַרְצְכֶם.

וְנָתַתִּי שָׁלוֹם בָּאָרֶץ, וּשְׁכַבְתֶּם וְאֵין מַחֲרִיד

As I lay me down to sleep the shabbat night during the 37th day, which is five weeks and two days of the Omer ...

I note today a vision I had last night in response to caressing the new Sage Witch Elder Wand (made from the branch of an Elder tree in Wales) I received yesterday from the UK.

As I lay down to bed last night after 'oo-ing' and 'ahh-ing' over each nook and cranny and knobby knot of my new wand, I was startled by the joyfully smiling vision of myself as a little girl when I was about seven or eight years old, my life so full of promise, beaming her radiance directly at me. I was embraced by waves of joy in loops of loops, and continue today to be wholly embraced and permeated by the profound simple joy and contentment of meeting myself face to face in this Land of Promise.

In the tradition of Irish Faery Witchcraft, the Land of Promise is called Tir Tairnglre.

In Jewish Kabbalistic tradition, the Land of Promise is called Ha'aretz Hamuvtachat (הארץ המובטחת).

Here, now ... I am in it.

Related entry - Magical Joy