Friday, December 25, 2009

One Name

Vayigash

וְאֵלֶּה שְׁמוֹת בְּנֵי-יִשְׂרָאֵל הַבָּאִים
And these are the names of the children of Israel who came ... Bereshit 46:8

The total gematria for this Hebrew phrase is 1449. It has a digit sum of 18, the value of the Hebrew word חי (chai, life). Consequently, all of the names embraced by this phrase combined are equal to one name, namely, the shem chai. The digit sum of chai further reduces to the digit sum 9, the value of Hebrew letter tet (ט) corresponding to tov (טוב). The shem chai is also the shem tov.

Two nights ago, I dreamt.

All I remember of the dream is that I was pregnant and hiding from a murderer who murdered. It was night time. I ended up hiding in a room that was locked but well-lit when I was in it. It was also in a business. I gave birth to a daughter in that room.

Waking up with the clear feeling that I should name her, as I lay in bed that morning, I mulled over a some names and decided to name her נר-אתתא (Ner-Itta). Ner-Itta has a total gematria of 1052. The digit sum of 1052 is 8, the value of the Hebrew letter chet (ח) corresponding to chai.

Taken together, the shem chai and the shem tov are reverse visions of one name, and the name Ner-Itta is one name.