Saturday, August 8, 2009

Claiming The Blessing Of Less

Eikev

רְאֵה, אָנֹכִי נֹתֵן לִפְנֵיכֶם--הַיּוֹם: בְּרָכָה, וּקְלָלָה.
Behold, I set before you this day the blessing (בְּרָכָה) 'with a bit of weight loss too' (וּקְלָלָה) ... Devarim 11:26

The root for the Hebrew word (וּקְלָלָה) normally translated as 'and a curse' in this sentence is קלל which can also mean 'light in weight' and 'less material substance'.

Halleluyah! I've dropped a blessed dress size and anticipate more pounds are on the cursed road to oblivion! Thank Goddess!

I'm not weighing myself or counting calories. I'm just eating sensibly now, avoiding comfort foods and drinking more water. At 48, I still have clear toned skin and a pretty face. Now I'm going to take back my healthy body as a witch too, Goddess help me do this for me. I have so much more energy already, with just these few unknown pounds banished into nothingness.

Dittany of Crete is a magic herb I've acquired to walk with me down the blessed road to less weight. Drink the herbal tea plain or add lemon, cinnamon or honey to taste.

Witches can even turn 'less material substance' into a blessing. Abracadabra, so mote it be, אמן.

Related entry - Re'eh