Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Year To Reveal All Good

Behar-Bechukotai

אֵת שְׁנַת הַחֲמִשִּׁים שָׁנָה
the fiftieth year ... Vayikra 25:10

The total gematria of this phrase is 1907, reducing to digit sums of 17 and 8. Seventeen and eight comprise the gematriot of the magical word tov (meaning good) made of magical Hebrew letters and the magical Hebrew letter chet (meaning life). The fiftieth year is thus an auspicious year in which all good is enabled by the very fabric of reality to become widely revealed in one's life. The move of all good out from a state of concealment into stark revelation, not only has already begun for me, but as written this past Monday, the Ingwaz force has forthtold and forthsent the blessing of the fiftieth year as well. Even greater blessing, revelation and understanding are on the way.

At 49 years of age, I'm approaching my fiftieth year of life. After a lifetime of suffering, life now has never been better for me in so many ways. It's only going to get better.

I've lost most of the weight I gained while suffering from a period several years ago of deep clinical depression (which discovering Witchcraft relieved in me - thank Goddess!). My skin is still youthful despite years of suffering (or perhaps, because of it). I have a unique style and feel very good in it. I love being the witch that I am. I'm still healthy and mentally alert. And best of all - I have joy and a loving family. And it's only going to get better - my fiftieth year is going to be an awesome and extraordinary year. I know it - and so does the Universe.

Even my new county employer is gleaning benefits at the corners of my field of blessing. Just yesterday, the Director of Nurses remarked that the facility's census (both general facility and Medicare) has "never been this high." My work is hopping and reimbursements are on the rise! In contrast, I've been informed through the grapevine that the census at the place of my former employer has "never been so low" - and that their Medicare census is hemorrhaging at record lows. It looks like I took my blessing with me when I left there.

Indeed, my fiftieth year promises to be amazing.

[Just an interesting eclectic observation perhaps unique to me - In Witchcraft I find in myself the archetype of Naomi (the power to overcome depression and to build a better future). In Judaism I find in myself the archetype of Boaz (owner of a field of blessing).]